Weekend Recap: Limbo Land

by Courtney Sirotin on May 21, 2012

Post image for Weekend Recap: Limbo Land

Things are in limbo for us these days. We’re planning to move but no dates have been set and we don’t know where we are going to live yet. I have a month long trip to New Hampshire coming up but again, I don’t have the dates or tickets. I think we’re in the calm before the storm.


I’m starting this Weekend Recap on Friday because for the first time since I can remember Jason hasn’t had to work all weekend. He works from home on the weekends, but still.

Jay met Dylan and I at the grocery store on his way home Friday night and quickly made Dylan a “balloon” out of a plastic produce bag.


It kept Dylan entertained for .3 seconds.


After Dylan went to bed Jason and I had a drink and then recorded our second Life After Kids podcast. I’ll try to get it up early this week!



Saturday morning was the usual breakfast, playing and exercise. Our afternoon plans included driving into Smyrna (where we want to get our next place) to look at properties.

Obligatory car shot. Note the sweet little boy sleeping in the back.


I’ve been planning our outings around Dylan’s naps lately and it’s been working out well. I wait until he’s really tired before we go on a long drive somewhere so he can nap and skip the boring journey.

IMG_1695 (640x480)

The first place we went to was okaaaaaay…but something was off. Here you can see they had a pond,

IMG_1696 (640x480)

putting area and swimming pool. I didn’t see any other kids around and that was a red flag.

IMG_1697 (640x480)

Fast forward many miles and driving around aimlessly and we ended up on the patio of a cute restaurant back in Cartersville (I once reviewed it here.). I greatly enjoyed a glass of wine.


Dylan sort of tried ketchup for the first time!

I had a charred tomato pasta dish with chicken and vegetables. (That’s for you, Michele!)

IMG_1712 (640x480)

Jay had wings and a salad.

IMG_1714 (640x480)

By the time we got home I felt like I’d been run over by a truck. All the driving and the midday wine had me nearly comatose. Dylan squirmed out of my arms while I was getting him out of his car seat and wanted to push the buttons in my car so I just let him mess around while I laid my head on the arm rest for a breather!

IMG_3755 (640x480)

The day went on. We played outside and then came in and drew pictures. Dylan sat very patiently and watched me draw for a good 45 minutes.

IMG_3765 (640x480)

Some of my art work.

IMG_3767 (640x480)

The rest of the night was spent hanging out with Jay and relaxing!


Sunday started with the usual morning routine and tidying up.

IMG_3768 (640x480)

Dylan had an early play date scheduled with Zara and Olivia. You might recall that Jason’s friends/business partners, Trey and Jase, have kids the same age as Dylan. Just to make things confusing, here is Trey with Jase’s daughter, Zara.


And – Oh My God! – Dylan sure was sweet on Trey’s daughter, Olivia. The two of them rode in a wagon together for a little while (before Dylan started climbing out) and Dylan gave Olivia a hug and sat on her lap. It was adorable!

IMG_1726 (640x480)

IMG_1723IMG_1725 (640x480)

IMG_1728 (640x480)

After a nice walk to a local park and some fun playing in the sun it was time to go home. Again, Dylan was ready for his nap when we got in the car. I was ready for one too:


The real action came Sunday afternoon. Dylan and I went outside to our dangerous backyard to play. Dylan darted toward a thorn patch as I was filling a bucket with water. I dropped what I was doing and sprinted after him (though Jason described my sprinting more as “lumbering”). I ended up tripping on some shrubbery and took a hard fall. Ouch! Luckily, Jay was watching from the deck and was able to catch Dylan while I tended to my wounds.

IMG_1745 (640x480)

After that I sat with Dylan while he played in the water tub thingy that I risked my life to prepare for him. He just LOVES pouring water from one cup to another. Here is a video of him playing with the water. He did exactly what you see here over and over again until I had to go inside. He could’ve done it for hours.

By the way, while I was watching Dylan play in the water I was texting with my dear friend, KATIE SCHMIDT, who has been very annoyed with me for not mentioning her on this blog yet! I texted her a picture of my leg and she texted me this picture of her sunburn. World, this is my Katie:


What did Jason do on his rare Sunday afternoon off? Watched a Bridezillas marathon, of course! I also had a conference call about a new freelance writing project I’m going to be starting.


And then we fed Dylan dinner, played some more and put him to bed. I’m on my way there soon! Here’s to a new week and *hopefully* some dates or details will be finalized and I won’t be in such limbo anymore!

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

DONNA May 22, 2012 at 1:32 am

I loved reading about your weekend. The pics of Dylan melt my heart. I enjoyed watching Dylan play with the water. It is interesting to note that Alana said Julia plays with the same cup in the tub every night. I was sorry to see the picture of your bruised leg. Be careful! Have a great week! I hope you get some plans closer to beoing finalized. We all miss you here in New Hampshire!


Leave a Comment

{ 1 trackback }

Previous post:

Next post: